Are you passionate about the world of video games or the high-tech business of the video game industry? Are you eager to put your passion to good use with pen and paper (or keyboard and monitor)? If you answered yes to the above questions, then GameDwellers.com is the right place for you.
GameDwellers is dedicated to covering the latest video game news headlines, publishing the most anticipated video game reviews, and posting the most entertaining columns and editorials; but those articles aren’t going to write themselves. We need dedicated individuals, whether they are veteran writers or not, to write them.
Volunteers OnlyPlease note that all positions are currently Volunteer Only. In the future, we would like to change that fact, but, at this time, it’s just not possible.
If being a volunteer turns you away from applying, please send us an email anyway. Maybe we can give you a timetable on when paid positions will be available.
Everyone on our writing staff is a video gamer turned video game news journalist. We don’t have many requirements for our staff, but we do ask that you are dedicated, know the English language, and don’t copy the work of others.
If you are interested in applying, we look forward to hearing from you! Even though we can’t hire everybody that applies, we have still made it a priority to respond to each applicant.
Whether you are trying to dive head first into the video game journalism world or you are an experienced professional reporter, GameDwellers is always looking for writers. We currently have room for both editorial writers and news/reviews journalists. Editorial writers will focus more on the opinionated and weekly column material, while journalists will focus more on reporting the news and writing video game reviews. However, we do allow our writers to write on all material if they wish.
Some of the responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Taking the latest press releases and turning them into enjoyable and informative articles for our readers
• Publishing a certain amount of articles per day/week
• Following the set guidelines of proper journalism etiquette that are discussed in the GameDwellers Contributing Editor handbook
Requirements before applying:
• Strong understanding of the English language
• Strong understanding of proper grammar
• Previous writing experience is highly encouraged, but not a necessity.
• Work from home
• Opportunity to participate in interviews, live blogs, etc.
• Promote your own website, Tumblr page, or YouTube channel via an author blurb in each post
• Get your own personalized GameDwellers e-mail address
• Access to review copies
• Opportunities to cover game industry conferences as official media
HOW TO APPLY
Here’s what we’ll need from you!
- An email with the following subject line: “Application for Contributing Editor”
- Your full name
- Your email address
- The consoles you currently own
- Other publications that you’ve written for (not required)
- If you want to write reviews, we will need a sample review from you. It can be for any game (on any platform) that has been released within the past year
- At least one suggestion for how to improve GameDwellers.com
Send all of that to staff [at] gamedwellers [dot] com. We will be replying to each and every single applicant, so be on the lookout!