It’s been a while since we have done a Weekend Interactivities article, and over a year since we did our “Next-gen console rumors” edition. After Sony’s big tease from yesterday, with many believing that it is teasing a potential PlayStation 4 announcement, the silly season of next-generation console announcements may be fast approaching.
It does seem odd, though, that the February 20th Sony event will be the announcement of the next PlayStation. Just like the week when speaking with The Times, Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai said that they want to let Microsoft make the first move (via IGN.) Considering that Microsoft has barely even mentioned production of a next-generation Xbox… what the heck is Sony up to?
Could this be Sony’s way of forcing Microsoft to make it move? Perhaps Sony got tired of waiting and decided to take it upon themselves? I’m pretty sure I speak on behalf of most of the gamer population when I say that gamers are tired of waiting. If Sony and Microsoft keep waiting for the other to make the first move, we could be sitting and waiting for a while. So if Sony does actually announce their next PlayStation on February 20th, then kudos to Sony for taking it upon themselves to get this next-gen party started! …sorry, Nintendo.
But alas, we’ve got a couple of weeks left to wait until the big February 20th event, and even longer to wait for new console. So, for now, we’re just going to keep playing our games and consoles that we already have. Nothing wrong with that, right? This Spring is packed full of some highly anticipated games for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 that our staff is going to be playing. Take a look below the break to see what we’re playing this weekend.
- Bryan Massey – This weekend, I’ll be working on four games: 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors for DS, Far Cry 3 and Rage for Xbox 360, and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on the Wii in my spare time since apparently that exists.
- Chris Price – I’ll be thoroughly involved in the wonderful world of Ni No Kuni, taking the occasional break to play DmC the way it was meant to be played: with the original Dante skin. All the while wishing I was in Columbia.
- Corey Winter – I’m hyping the upcoming release of Dead Space 3 with a little Dead Space 2 this weekend. I hadn’t planned on getting Dead Space 3, but since Grand Theft Auto V has been pushed out of the Spring lineup, I need to fill the void.
- Elia Pales – This weekend I’ll be beginning Heavy Rain with the time that I do have. I’ll also be playing a few online matches of Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale if I have time.
- John Frederick – This weekend, I see Familiars in my sites. I will be diving deeper and deeper in Ni No Kuni! This game is truly something special and worth the time and money!
- Peter Hoey – I’ll be joining my thieving animal friends in The Sly Collection as I get ready for Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time releasing this Tuesday. If I finish early, I’ll take another memorable trip through Limbo with the new Dante in DmC.